Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy - as opposed to anxiety medication - treats more than just symptoms of the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic, or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past; a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Anxiety is an orientation in thought about the future, it is a long-acting response broadly focused on a threat. Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of these threats, understand them through non- critical lens, develop a better relationship with the worries and fears they carry and heal whatever is deeply buried and is causing the uncomfortable symptoms.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.